The following is a guest blog-post in the form of a written interview by Hassan Bin Sulaiman, a male cupping therapist from Singapore.
– Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being a hijama therapist?
Before I came to know about Hijama I was a medium or so-called spiritual healer. One day my father had a stroke and I wasn’t able to cure him and 4 months later he died. I was sad and determined to find a method that can prevent stroke. Usually it started with hypertension but my father didn’t have that. He was just a heavy smoker. During my 1st day lesson I met with a stroke patient who recovered from it through the treatment by Hijama. From there I pursued to study it further. We need to introduce this Sunnah to the Muslims many of whom I can see do not know of its existence.
– What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialize / had the most experience in?
Gout and hypertension.
– And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
At any time for the first timer, usually the blood pressure will go down by ten points. Tips will be given pertaining to prevention of recurrence. We will advise on supplements that have to be taken. Usually 3 sessions are enough to bring down to 124/86 from 174/95.
As for gout, we do not know what causes gout. It is the chemical call Purine which can be found in all kind of nuts, animal organs and other vegetables. It cannot be processed and will be thrown into the blood. Since it is crystal-like and is heavy it will normally goes down to the legs and that how it start. We will usually do the cupping on some part of the legs in order to remove the acidic blood.
– Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy and how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)
As many of us had known that some sickness started with the thickening of the blood and the blood vessel. There are nine areas that need to be done which construe as “servicing”. One of it is where gathers 70 type of illness. By doing the servicing we have prevented the blood clothing and preventing us from the blockage we can lead to other major illness. Servicing include the clearing of liver, lungs, heart, kidneys. It is advisable to do 3 months once, followed by 6 month and 1 year. When we found that the patient requires cupping done on the head, we will advise. If not it can be done once in his life time or twice if necessary.
– As a hijama therapist, how often do you get hijama done yourself, and was what for (if any specific condition) and who do you go to to get it done (since it is not an easy therapy to self-administer)?
I had done on my head twice in 6 months. The first time the blood was quite thick but dark red. The second was just liquid light red blood. I have trained my 3 daughters. 4 month once we do the servicing but at times as and when required.
– Whereabouts is your clinic or practice located?
I reside at Block 429, Bukit Panjang Ring Road, #07-715, Bukit Panjang Ring Road, Singapore 670429.
– Is there anything else you would like to add?
Most people tend to have wrong understanding about Hijama. Some have bad experience from those using the razor and others have wrong ideas. To them it is not inspirational but unaware that this is Sunnah and was recommended by Malaikat Jibril ” Yaa Muhammad, ask your Ummah to perform Hijama”. They might not be able to see drastic things happen in their lives but one thing for sure, one time done, it was able to clear the nine areas mentioned.
FEATURED HIJAMA THERAPIST:
Hassan Bin Sulaiman
#07-715, Bukit Panjang Ring Road,
Our thanks to Hassan Bin Sulaiman for sharing the above post. If you have any questions for him, or if you have a patient of his and want to leave him a testimonial, then please leave a comment* below.
If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Comments are moderated to prevent spamming so may take some time to appear
– ICAHT Hijama Training
– Maryland Hijama Center
– Health Means Wealth
– Clinicare UK
– New Hijama Directory+
– Bilal Hijama Clinic
– British Cupping Society
– Hijama Nation
– Memon Institute of Hijama Therapy
– Aconite Medical Supplies
– The Optimum Cure & Care
– Book: Cupping Therapy Encyclopedia
– Shahclan Hijama Herbs
– Tibbe Nabawi
– The Therapy Clinic
– London Cupping Clinic
– Blackburn Cupping Clinic
– Gloucester Pain Relief Clinic
– Islamabad Hijama Health Clinic
– Ibn Sina institute of Tibb
– Darul Hijama
– Key To Cure
– Hijama Plus
– Dr Adeeb Consultant Clinic
– Al Hijama Centre Rawalpindi, Pakistan
– Hijama in Istanbul, Turkey
– AlHijama in Mauritius
– Heal Health Care Centre