– Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up getting involved with hijama ?
I am a qualified Unani medicine doctor from India. It is also known as traditional Islamic medicine as the treatments are based on Islamic principles like using Honey, vinegar, hijama etc. Bachleor in Unani medicine & Surgery (BUMS) is a 5 years course similar to MBBS. Hijama is a part of this professional medical course.
– What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialise / had the most experience in?
Unani medicine is a type of herbal medicine which utilizes herbs, minerals and animal extracts in treatment of diseases. Most of the diseases can be cured through unani medicine. since herbal medicine cures diseases slowly hence most people prefer these medicines for chronic conditions. I am expert in treating vitiligo, piles, sexual problems, Psoriasis, arthritis, Asthma, Eczema, migraine, sinusitis etc etc.
If you want me to restrict to Hijama, research has proved it to cure Migraine, Spondilitis, sciatica, back pains, haemorrhoids, hyperlipidemia. On sunnah basis it is cure for all diseases except death.
– And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
All the above mentioned diseases respond well to hijama.
– Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy (which by getting rid of bad blood/ toxins in the body may help prevent conditions like high cholesterol/ heart disease / cancer in the long term)? And how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)
According to Unani concept body comprises of four humours. 1. Dam (Blood) 2. Balgam (Phlegm)3. Safra (Yellow Bile) 4. Sauda (Black bile).
Sauda or black bile is supposed to have maximum toxins of the body. In Hijama this sauda is removed or in other words toxins are removed from the body. Hence after hijama many feel they have become much younger than their age.
– How often do you get hijama done yourself, and what for (if any specific condition) and who do you go to to get it done (since it is not an easy therapy to self-administer)?
Once a year as a preventive measure. My wife is also a qualified doctor and has good experience in this procedure.
– What is the overall prevalence of hijama therapy in UAE? Is it available in hospitals and clinics as a valid alternative / sunnah therapy?
In UAE, Ministry of health (MOH) has started licensing exam for medical practitioners since 2005 to practice Hijama and it has to be performed in clinics and hospitals only. Since the ministry is strict in the licensing very few licensed Hijama practitioners are available in UAE.
– Where is your Hospital / Clinic located?
I practice in Hind Medical Centre, Sharjah. The complete address is as follows
Dr Syed Asaduddin Ahmed,
Unani Medicine & Hijama Practitioner,
Licensed by MOH & DOH,
Hind Medical centre,
Near cricket stadium
United Arab Emirates.
Ph.NO : 009716-5670309,
Mob : 0097150-7243620.
FEATURED HIJAMA THERAPIST:
Dr Syed Asaduddin Ahmed
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
CONTACT DETAILS: 009716-5670309 / Mob : 0097150-7243620
Below is a video of an example treatment by Dr Syed Asaduddin Ahmed.
Our thanks to Dr Syed Asaduddin Ahmed from Sharjah, UAE for sharing the above post. If you have any questions for Dr Ahmed or indeed have been treated by him and want to leave him a testimonial(!), then please do so via a comment* below.
If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: email@example.com.
– ICAHT Hijama Training
– Maryland Hijama Center
– Health Means Wealth
– Clinicare UK
– New Hijama Directory+
– Bilal Hijama Clinic
– British Cupping Society
– Hijama Nation
– Memon Institute of Hijama Therapy
– Aconite Medical Supplies
– The Optimum Cure & Care
– Book: Cupping Therapy Encyclopedia
– Shahclan Hijama Herbs
– Tibbe Nabawi
– The Therapy Clinic
– London Cupping Clinic
– Blackburn Cupping Clinic
– Gloucester Pain Relief Clinic
– Islamabad Hijama Health Clinic
– Ibn Sina institute of Tibb
– Darul Hijama
– Key To Cure
– Hijama Plus
– Dr Adeeb Consultant Clinic
– Al Hijama Centre Rawalpindi, Pakistan
– Hijama in Istanbul, Turkey
– AlHijama in Mauritius
– Heal Health Care Centre