– Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being a hijama therapist?
I have done graduate scholarship in Islamic teachings (Alim). I learned hijama from my teacher Dr.Amjad Ahsan Ali who is a Heart surgeon & Hijama specialist)
– What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialise / had the most experience in?
I have had experience in Blood pressure, migraine, allergy, back bone pain, hepatitis C & constipation.
– And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
Migraine & Blood pressure.
– As a hijama therapist, how often do you get hijama done yourself, and what for (if any specific condition) and who do you go to to get it done (since it is not an easy therapy to self-administer)?
For the problem of Blood pressure from Dr. Amjad Ali(my teacher).
– What is the overall prevalance of hijama therapy in Karachi, Pakistan? Is it available in hospitals and clinics as a valid alternative / sunnah therapy ?
In clinics as a sunnah therapy.
– Whereabouts is your clinic or practice located?
Garden East Karachi Pakistan
Our thanks to Shakir Nagda in Karachi, Pakistan, for sharing the above post. If you have any questions for him, or if you have a patient of his and want to leave him a testimonial, then please leave a comment* below.
If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Comments are moderated to prevent spamming so may take some time to appear