Hijama in Mauritius by Mufti Toilebouddine Hurroo
The following is a guest blog-post in the form of a written interview by Mufti Toilebouddine Hurroo, a male cupping therapist from Port Louis, Mauritius.
– Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being a hijama therapist?
I, Mufti Toilebouddine Hurroo studied at the Islamic University Jamia Banory Town Karachi Pakistan, from 1994 to 2006. I began my Mawlana course which usually takes 8 to 10 years. Upon completion of the Mawlana course, I obtained a scholarship to study Mufti which usually takes up another 2 to 4 years. The course is equivalent to a PHd Specialization in Fiqh and by definition, a mufti is an Islamic scholar who is an interpreter or expounder of Islamic law (the Shariah). A muftiat or diyanet is a council of muftis. These individuals and councils are capable of issuing fataawa (plural of “fatwa”). [from wikipedia].
After my Islamic studies, I and my wife have been studying and practicing hijamah with Dr. Amjad Ahsan Ali and are both certified to practice hijamah.
– What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialise / had the most experience in?
We treat diseases such as diabetic, varicose, cholesterol, migraine and witchcraft (evil-eyes ) etc.
– And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
Yes for example (a) a patient paralysed (stroke) for six years started to walk after doing hijamah (b) another one a tourism girl from Russia for 23 years was bald, after the treatment hair started to grow on her head (six months later), (c) many patients suffering from diabeties come for treatments, after a period of time (twenty days, one month depending on the patient), they stop taking their medical treatment after doing hijamah.
– Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy and how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)
We have different recommendation depending on the illnesses the patients have, (a) chronic diseases patient are treated each 3 months (b) those persons not maintaining a healthy diet or tensed we treat after 6 months (C) a normal person who is not suffering any illnesses usually on a yearly basis.
– As a hijama therapist, how often do you get hijama done yourself, and what for (if any specific condition) and who do you go to to get it done (since it is not an easy therapy to self-administer)?
For instance myself I used to wear spectacles because my eyesight was very weak . hence (3) months consecutively ( lunar calendar 17,19,21 acording to hadith ) after practice the sunnah I stopped using spectacles it has been one an a half years. My wife usually treats me
– Whereabouts is your clinic or practice located in Mauritius?
Treatment cabinet find in Port-Louis capital city of MAURITIUS, and at my residence , permit approved by the (ministry of health of Mauritius)
Hijamah is a sunnah, other religious people in Mauritius have started to follow this treatment, we work in a hygienic environment most important thing after treating a patient all the equipments used such as cupping-glasses, cotton, blades are disposed ,to ensure the patients that those equipments will not be used again.
When pursuing my studies I was taught that once an equipment having blood on it ,it is impossible to clean it, although it has been washed by (boiling-water, alcohol, capsules etc.) after two or three hours virus (HEPATITS B or C) are formed on it that why we must get rid of them.
We have also patients from different countries like Reunion-island, Madagascar, S.Africa, Dubai, Russia, England,France, Morocco.
– Is there anything else you would like to add?
Please sir make duah for me I have an intend to construct a small clinic of hijamah in Mauritius thanks JAZAK-ALLAH
FEATURED HIJAMA THERAPIST:
Mufti Toilebouddine Hurroo
in Plaine Verte,
Our thanks to Mufti Toilebouddine Hurroo for sharing the above post. If you have any questions for him, or if you have a patient of his and want to leave him a testimonial, then please leave a comment* below.
If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: email@example.com.
*Comments are moderated to prevent spamming so may take some time to appear
– ICAHT Hijama Training
– Maryland Hijama Center
– Health Means Wealth
– Clinicare UK
– New Hijama Directory+
– Bilal Hijama Clinic
– British Cupping Society
– Hijama Nation
– Memon Institute of Hijama Therapy
– Aconite Medical Supplies
– The Optimum Cure & Care
– Book: Cupping Therapy Encyclopedia
– Shahclan Hijama Herbs
– Tibbe Nabawi
– The Therapy Clinic
– London Cupping Clinic
– Blackburn Cupping Clinic
– Gloucester Pain Relief Clinic
– Islamabad Hijama Health Clinic
– Ibn Sina institute of Tibb
– Darul Hijama
– Key To Cure
– Hijama Plus
– Dr Adeeb Consultant Clinic
– Al Hijama Centre Rawalpindi, Pakistan
– Hijama in Istanbul, Turkey
– AlHijama in Mauritius
– Heal Health Care Centre