Hijama in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and in Hyderabad, India – by Tanveer Ahmed
This is a guest-post in the form of a written interview with Tanveer Ahmed – a male cupping therapist based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
– Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being a hijama therapist?
My name is Mohammed Tanveer Ahmed, I am an Indian by nationality and my birthplace is Hyderabad, India. I am currently working in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) since almost 21 years in many hospitals as a paramedic.
Since I had cupping therapy for my depression, neck pain and vertigo when I realized the result of hijama is excellent and unbelievable which kept me away from using medication. After that I decided to learn hijama as I had good medical background specially surgical side. After a lot of struggle I learned from Dr Abdul Jawad Al Sawi who is quite popular and a religious personality, at the same time I certified from Madina Munawara as a hijama therapist.
– What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialise / had the most experience in?
Pain management, vertigo, depression, stress, migraine, sexual related problems.
– And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
Migraines, Pain management, depression, stress, sexual related problems. burning in the feet.
– Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy and how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)
Yes, cupping is useful as a preventative therapy and I would advise this twice a year.
– As a hijama therapist, how often do you get hijama done yourself, and what for (if any specific condition) and who do you go to to get it done (since it is not an easy therapy to self-administer)?
Every six months prophylactic (ie as a preventative treatment) by my teacher Dr. Abdul Jawad.
-What is the overall prevalence of hijama therapy in Jeddah & in Hyderabad? Is it available in hospitals and clinics as a valid alternative / sunnah therapy?
If you ask me about Hyderabad India, it is available in many cupping centers practiced by Unani doctors. As about Saudi Arabia hijama therapy is banned by the Ministry of Health and only two or three centers in Madina Munawara have licenses for cupping therapy.
I visit India often to perform hijama in Hyderabad and nearby areas, although my basic aim was to educate people about this beautiful sunnah of our prophet Mohammad (PBUH).
– Do you have a clinic set up in Hyderabad?
Since my job is in Saudi Arabia it is not easy for me to manage a clinical setup in Hyderabad, I only go on visits every quarterly and ha a good tie-up with hospitals and medical centers.
FEATURED HIJAMA THERAPIST:
Mohammed Tanveer Ahmed
Our thanks to Tanveer Ahmed from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for sharing the above post. If you have any questions for Br Tanveer or indeed have been treated by him and want to leave him a testimonial(!), then please do so via a comment* below.
If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– ICAHT Hijama Training
– Maryland Hijama Center
– Health Means Wealth
– Clinicare UK
– New Hijama Directory+
– Bilal Hijama Clinic
– British Cupping Society
– Hijama Nation
– Memon Institute of Hijama Therapy
– Aconite Medical Supplies
– The Optimum Cure & Care
– Book: Cupping Therapy Encyclopedia
– Shahclan Hijama Herbs
– Tibbe Nabawi
– The Therapy Clinic
– London Cupping Clinic
– Blackburn Cupping Clinic
– Gloucester Pain Relief Clinic
– Islamabad Hijama Health Clinic
– Ibn Sina institute of Tibb
– Darul Hijama
– Key To Cure
– Hijama Plus
– Dr Adeeb Consultant Clinic
– Al Hijama Centre Rawalpindi, Pakistan
– Hijama in Istanbul, Turkey
– AlHijama in Mauritius
– Heal Health Care Centre