The following is a guest blog-post in the form of a written interview with Soukaina Jamal Eddine, a female cupping therapist in Casablaca, Morocco.
– Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being a hijama therapist?
I want to introduce myself first, I’m Soukaina Jamal Eddine, 33 years old, therapist from Morocco.
Ever since I’ve never been convinced by reductionist logic of allopathic medicine use, that reduces human being to a simple mechanical machine spare parts, and not taking into account dynamic and interactive processes of life and therefore creates an artificial model of the human being, what I consider like a big loss of wisdom. This prompted me to look into the prophetic medicine, which led me to Hijama that I learned in faculty of physical therapy of Cairo University, and then I became a therapist and I practice since 5 years in Casablanca, and I want you to know that I’m a biotechnologist, but I preferred to change my profession in order to help people to prevent illness and recover their health naturally
– What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialise / had the most experience in? And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
I practice cupping for almost all diseases, but I notice that it’s very effective against migraines, depression, sinusitis, sore back, hypertension and obesity and also patients who suffered from any of these illnesses were very satisfied after the cupping and they maintain one session every three months or even five months after having had their base treatment over three months at a session or two per month.
– Do you have any interesting case-studies that you can briefly share with us from your hijama treatments?
I would mention the case of a patient who suffered from sinusitis and took corticosteroid therapy but without good results instead he came to my clinic, with blue face unable to breathe, but as soon as I did the wet-cupping on specific acupuncture points, I saw his face becoming normal color which drew a smile on his lips. He was so happy and since then he never had this problem and now he comes every 6 months to maintain his health with cupping therapy.
– Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy and how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)
Cupping is an excellent way to maintain health and prevent serious illnesses like cancer, I generally recommend once every 3 months for men and once every 5 months for women to have cupping in the case of people who suffer no diseases ie as a preventative therapy, but for others (who have some condition) it depends on the individual cases.
– What is the overall prevalance of hijama therapy in your Casablance and in Morocco? Is it available in hospitals and clinics as a valid alternative / sunnah therapy?
Here in Morocco, cupping therapy is not officially recognized by the Ministry of Health as an alternative medicine, but it has the right to be practiced, since the demand is becoming stronger and people have become aware of the severity of the side effects of drugs in conventional medicine.
– Whereabouts is your clinic or practice located and what services do you offer?
I practice cupping and shiatsu therapy, nutrition pressotherapy and lymph massage
I have my clinic in Casablanca at:
4. Rue Calavon
Appartement Numéro 11
(Boulevard Abdelmoumen) .
Phone number: +212.664.085.830
Email adress: email@example.com
Our thanks to Soukaina Jamal Eddine from Casablance, Morocco for sharing the above post. If you have any questions or want to leave some feedback for her, then please do so via a comment* below.
If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Comments are moderated to prevent spamming so may take some time to appear
– ICAHT Hijama Training
– Maryland Hijama Center
– Health Means Wealth
– Clinicare UK
– New Hijama Directory+
– Bilal Hijama Clinic
– British Cupping Society
– Hijama Nation
– Memon Institute of Hijama Therapy
– Aconite Medical Supplies
– The Optimum Cure & Care
– Book: Cupping Therapy Encyclopedia
– Shahclan Hijama Herbs
– Tibbe Nabawi
– The Therapy Clinic
– London Cupping Clinic
– Blackburn Cupping Clinic
– Gloucester Pain Relief Clinic
– Islamabad Hijama Health Clinic
– Ibn Sina institute of Tibb
– Darul Hijama
– Key To Cure
– Hijama Plus
– Dr Adeeb Consultant Clinic
– Al Hijama Centre Rawalpindi, Pakistan
– Hijama in Istanbul, Turkey
– AlHijama in Mauritius
– Heal Health Care Centre