This is a guest-post in the form of a written interview with a Aisha Othman about her experience of hijama therapy in Cairo, Egypt.
– What condition did you suffer from (if any)?
I suffered from no particular condition. Just had hijama for overall maintenance of health
– Where do you live and where did you go for the hijama therapy?
I live in USA but had hijama therapy in Cairo, Egypt.
– What other treatment did you try before trying hijama therapy?
I have tried acupunture and reflexology
– What did the hijama treatment involve and how long did it take?
The treatment involved having hijama on the back, legs and knee. I had the treatment three times in the last 2 months. Each session lasted about one hour
– How did you feel during and immediately after the treatment?
I felt normal, ie nothing different or adverse.
– What was the result of the treatment, did you notice anything different straight after or some days after the treatment?
Yes, I felt that I had more energy.
– What was your overall impression of the therapist and her practice? Did you feel safe at all times and was her equipment and procedures all hygienic / disposable?
The therapist was excellent.
– How did the therapist get to learn hijama therapy (was it a course she attended or was it something handed down from generation to generation in their family)?
I understand it was a special course
– What is the overall prevalence of hijama therapy in your country ? Is it available in hospitals and clinics as a valid alternative / sunnah therapy?
In USA it is currently not commonly available as yet.
– Is there anything else you would like to add?
I highly recommend people to try this therapy.
Attorney at Law
Author of Reflections of a Wayfarer: Poetry of Islamic Excellence
Visit me at http://journey2Allah.blogspot.com
Our thanks to the Aisha Othman from USA for sharing the above post. If you have any further questions to ask about her experience, then please do so via a comment* below.
If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: email@example.com.
*Comments are moderated to prevent spamming so may take some time to appear
– ICAHT Hijama Training
– Maryland Hijama Center
– Health Means Wealth
– Clinicare UK
– New Hijama Directory+
– Bilal Hijama Clinic
– British Cupping Society
– Hijama Nation
– Memon Institute of Hijama Therapy
– Aconite Medical Supplies
– The Optimum Cure & Care
– Book: Cupping Therapy Encyclopedia
– Shahclan Hijama Herbs
– Tibbe Nabawi
– The Therapy Clinic
– London Cupping Clinic
– Blackburn Cupping Clinic
– Gloucester Pain Relief Clinic
– Islamabad Hijama Health Clinic
– Ibn Sina institute of Tibb
– Darul Hijama
– Key To Cure
– Hijama Plus
– Dr Adeeb Consultant Clinic
– Al Hijama Centre Rawalpindi, Pakistan
– Hijama in Istanbul, Turkey
– AlHijama in Mauritius
– Heal Health Care Centre